These locos are the 2 locos that came from the cable street rolling mills operated by united engineering steel in Wolverhampton. The locos are powered by a set of batteries, which are carried in a removable box on the locos.
Both locos were employed in a large stockyard, where they hauled bogie wagons loaded with steel products to and from the main work areas; in the works, the steel would be reheated and rolled to whatever section size was required.
Both locos were delivered new to cable street mills on the 3/7/1963 at the cost of £1898.50 each. After the works closed in 1996 they were aquired for the mrt collection, moving from cable street on 4/10/1996.
Currently only ”cable mill” is operational while ”billet” is languishing in a container awaiting restoration.