This is one of Ruston & Hornsby’s standard ”20 DL” type loco, of which no fewer than 1198 were built by the Lincoln-based company. It was ordered by the Ministry of Supply, and worked at the Royal Ordanance Factory at Eastriggs, near Carlisle. On 14/8/1972, the loco moved onto the yard of Track Services & Supplies, a dealer based at Wolverton. They fitted a somewhat aesthetically challenged body which resembled (from a distance) a steam loco. By February 1973, the loco had moved onto a pleasure railway at nearby Woburn Abbey. It then joined the MRT collection in December 1991, The steam outline body was removed and scrapped, revealing remarkably complete original bodywork underneath.
38 ”Kenneth” RH 223729/1944