This 2’6” railcar is a very rare vehicle; it is the only one of its type known to exist. It was delivered new in February 1940 to the Royal Navy Armament Depot (R.N.A.D.) at Broughton Moor, Cumbria. At some point, it moved to the R.N.A.D. at Upnor, near Rochester in Kent. By September 1963, the railcar had arrived at the vast R.N.A.D. base at Trecwm in South Wales. it would have been used for personnel transport around these R.N.A.D. sites, which tended to be widely dispersed over large areas – this dispersion provided protection in the event of an accidental explosion. It entered preservation with a scheme at Stoke Poges Residential Home for Children near Slough, Buckinghamshire around February 1990. It joined the MRT fleet on 15/5/1999.