The loco was completed in 1930; the first 3 years of its life, it is believed that it was used as a demonstrator and for contracting work. In 1933 it was delivered to Beswick’s Lime Works, Hindlow, near Buxton. It was fitted with works-plates that were re-dated for 1933 (which it still carries). It was rescued for preservation from a scrap yard at Dove Holes on 17/12/1971 and moved to the Cadeby Light Railway. This loco was moved to Apedale on 22/4/2006. It is the second Hudswell Clarke diesel loco built (and the first for the UK market). Built originally with a McLaren diesel, it was rebuilt in 1955 with the current 4 cylinder Dorman unit. In the summer of 2013 restoration work started, this includes fitting a ring gear for a starter motor, repairing the clutch, and a general overhaul and repaint. By the end of 2013 the work was complete.