Also on site is a ‘real’ Penrhyn coach; this is coach O. As can be determined, this was built in 1908 by the Penrhyn Quarries at their Felin Fawr works.
When the railway system at the quarries closed, it was sold directly to the Bressingham nurseries where it then operated for several years. When Bressingham upgraded their passenger railway with bogie coaches, this vehicle and several others were disposed of to the Brockham museum collection.
Acquired by John Lucas, this very original vehicle was carefully restored at the now closed Cadeby Light Railway. The vehicle has been restored to museum standards, and therefore does not comply with the standards required of vehicles in front-line passenger operation. However, we will be exploring means to allow some limited operation of this vehicle. it makes an interesting comparison to Penrhyn coach ”H”.