Rebuilt by MR from an unknown WDLR loco and supplied to Sir Robert McAlpine at Cambrian Railways Porthmadog station in January 1923. It was then was then used on the McAlpine contract to build the Welsh Highland Railway. McAlpine returned the loco for reconditioning to Motor Rail. The loco was then (January 1930) sold to Cleveland Bridge & Engineering, who employed it on their contract to widen the GWR between Olton and lapworth, near Solihull. From here the loco went to the Birmingham Tame & Rea District Drainage Board (BTRDDB) Water Orton. BTRDDB used an extensive network of narrow gauge railways to move soil around the huge works near Water Orton; their successors, Severn Trent, continued to use narrow gauge railways at the same site until very recently.
The loco went for preservation to the Cadeby Light Railway on 4/12/1965, and moved to Apedale on 29/4/2006. This loco has, in the past, been erroneously identified as MR3874.