This loco was delivered to Macclesfield Corporation on 2/10/1936 for the price of £275. It was used on various construction projects around the town. Its first project was supporting the construction of the London Road housing estate in Macclesfield. After this the loco went to a council depot called Harbourfield. It subsequently spent time at the Town City and the Bull stores, but very little is known about what, if any, works the loco was used on. Around 1974 the loco became property of Macclesfield Borough Council, the loco was stored in a garage beneath the Victoria Park flats. The impending demolition of these flats resulted in the loco being placed on long term loan to the MRT, arriving in the collection 0n 24/3/2000. This is a very ”original” example of a Motor Rail petrol loco, having seemingly done very little work from new. It retains its petrol engine – most such locos were re-engined with Dorman diesel engines.